If you ever needed a reason to get out of bed in the morning, this would be it. When I was little my dad used to always let me pick out a 'monday morning treat' to entice me to get out of bed for school on time. Little did he know I would have gotten out of bed on time anyways but he really knew the way to my heart! As an adult, these would be my monday morning treat choice time and time again. Vanilla Bourbon Pecan Pancakes, there's just nothing better.
- 1 1/2 Packed Cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 Packed Cups Tapioca Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Oil or Melted Butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 2 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 Cup Bourbon
- 1/3 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar or Brown Sugar (or other granulated sugar of choice)
- 1/2 Cup Pecan pieces
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl ( , tapioca, salt and baking powder)
- In a separate bowl mix in the eggs, oil, vanilla, bourbon, brown sugar, and pecan pieces.
- Pour wet ingredients into bowl with dry ingredients, and mix.
- Heat up a skillet over low heat with enough butter to coat the skillet.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter into skillet, pancakes will take about 3-4 minutes per side.