Let me see your tootsie roll!! And trust me - you need to roll right to the store to gather these ingredients!! The flavor experience is a mix between a tootsie roll and fudge. This recipe makes a lot of dough so feel free to make some and store the rest in the freezer for later usage!
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) Chocolate Chips or Bar (dairy or nondairy), chopped
- 1/2 cup Coconut Nectar
- 2 Tbsp Butter (Dairy or Nondairy)
- 3 Tbsp Tapioca
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2-3 Cup Powdered Sugar (*See substitution notes below)
- 4 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl.
- Stir in coconut nectar, and butter; until butter has melted.
- Next add in Tapioca, and Vanilla, mix until combined.
- Add in powdered sugar until incorporated.
- Next add in cocoa powder.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar onto a cutting board and kneed the dough until smooth.
- Take a handful of dough and roll out into a rope
- With a sharp knife, cut out tootsie roll size pieces.
- Once dough has been used up place on a baking sheet and in the refrigerator for an hour.
These can be stored in an air tight container, in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
To make this recipe Low in sugar - use my homemade Sugar Free Chocolate Recipe instead of store bought chocolate.
White powdered sugar isn't the only option for this recipe. You can make your own powdered sugar from ANY granulated sugar of choice. To do this simply place granulated sugar of your choice into a high powered blender or into a coffee grinder and pulse until powdered. To make these Paleo make powdered sugar from coconut palm sugar or to make them Low in sugar Powder Xyitol or Truvia Baking Blend can be used (or another sugar alcohol of choice).
Instead of Coconut Nectar feel free to use Agave or Honey.