We love Thai Food and fortunately our favorite thai restaurant "King and I " does a marvelous job catering to my gluten free needs. However if I were to sit there and try to order my favorite dish of Peanut Thai Noodles without any sugar, coconut milk or some of the other fabulous flavoring ingredients- they would look at me funny.
On my continuous battle to slowly ward off systemic candida I have given up peanuts- not because they cause autoimmune issues for me (thank goodness) but just due to their natural mold content. My replacement has become Once Again Sunflower Seed Butter. They carry a jar that is salt and sugar free! Perfect for my needs.
I threw together this dish one afternoon without much expectation with a bag of carb free Miracle Angel Hair Noodles that had just arrived in the mail. I'm truly no expert when it comes to making Thai food, and I nearly cried when I tasted my first bite of those Thai "peanut" noodles, they were amazing. I had found the perfect balance between sweet and spicy. I am truly thankful to have one of my absolute favorite meals back in my life.
And the best part? This recipe takes less than 5 minutes to throw together!
I'm loving these Miracle Noodles, especially the Angel hair as I think it has the best texture. I highly recommend ordering some! There are also No-Noodles, which are almost as low in carbs, and Shirataki Noodles for those that can have soy and Kelp Noodles if you don't mind a crunchy texture. Of course, if you aren't worried about the carbs just about any other type of noodle will do- you just will need to cook them in advance (whereas you don't have to cook the Miracle Noodles)
Thai "Peanut" Noodles
1/3 Cup Sugar Free Sunflower Seed Butter (Or natural peanut butter)
1/4- 1/2 Tsp Chili Oil (to taste)
1/8 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 1/2 TBS Coconut Secret Coconut Aminos (soy sauce may work here too)
1/2 Tbs Coconut Oil
1/4- 1/2 Tsp Nunaturals Liquid Stevia (to taste)
Pinch of Salt
2 bags of well rinsed Angel Hair Miracle Noodles
a handful of sunflower seeds (optional)
- In a small bowl combine the "peanut" sauce ingredients until well blended. Use the lesser amount of Chili oil and Stevia during this mixing.
- Rinse the miracle noodles until fermented odor dissipates. Put noodles into a dry hot skillet and heat them up, allowing the water on them to evaporate slightly.
- Stir in the "peanut" sauce until melted and really well mixed in.
- Give the noodles a taste test and add additional stevia and chili oil to taste.
- Stir in a handful of sunflower seeds (optional) and serve.