I must come clean.. these are not my photos. My life has become drastically busy (Which I'm thankful for as its all wonderful food related things) The particular night I made this recipe my camera battery died. Excuses .. excuses. I hate making them. My recipe- looks pretty close to this photo. But not exactly as this photo contains Sesame Seeds- which I left out. So anyways on to the recipe..
Ever had this??
Its fantastic. Easy ,quick and the flavor is wonderful. Not TOO peanut buttery with the just right amount of spicy. This quick little meal is my best friends favorite- and she quickly got me hooked on these Thai Peanut Noodles too! SO when she suggested that maybe I should figure out the recipe - I happily obliged.
It took me 4 tries. Finally I had the idea to make a box and taste test it as I created my own sauce. Worked like a charm. I think my results are spot on. The ONLY difference is the the box variation is slightly sweeter than mine- if you prefer that feel free to add a pinch or two more of sugar. I actually liked my sauce better less sweet- but go with what makes your taste buds happy
To make this recipe Soy free use Coconut Aminos- and slightly up the salt amount I have called for.
- 1 can light Coconut Milk
- 3 1/2 teaspoons Hot Chili Sauce
- 2 TBS + 1 Tsp Creamy Peanut Butter
- 1 TBS + 1 TSP Sugar
- 1 Tsp Gluten Free Soy Sauce OR- Liquid Aminos or Coconut Aminos
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 TBS Lime Juice (You may like to add an additional Tsp- give it a taste test and see!)
- 1 CUP or more of Unroasted Peanuts.
- Combine all the ingredients in a Pot. Whisk together and gently heat up. If you want the sauce thicker- gently boil it until it thickens. Be cautious as it may boil up or stick to the pot if the heat is too high. Feel free to use either Heavy full fat coconut milk or the light variety. Both work well.
- Finely Chop the peanuts- and place them in a dry frying pan. Toast them over medium heat for just a few minutes.
- Cook any rice pasta variety- pour sauce over and top with the toasted Peanuts.
Try Serving this sauce over slightly cooked Zucchini "pasta" its delicious. I added shredded zucchini in with my Rice Noodles. This combination is one of my new favorite meals.
This recipe is dedicated to my sweet Best Friend Kate!
Hope you all enjoy this one!