Easy. Easy.Easy. That’s the best way to describe this recipe. And Delish. I discovered just how wonderful and useful a bag of broccoli slaw can be a few months ago. We eat a solid 4 bags every week. My favorite way to eat it? Sauteed. Talk about an easy way to get in an assortment of veggies.
I cooked the filling for these- you don’t have to do that. I wanted to share this recipe to offer you some inspiration. Have fun with this one and throw in your own flare. Experiment with different meats or go meatless. (Tofu would work wonderful!)
The Fresh Ginger and Garlic add a note of fresh flavor- If you do not have either of these that’s ok. Garlic Powder could be used- though I would not suggest ginger powder (If you don’t have fresh-omit it all together) . If you are in a rush you could keep it simple and just use Soy Sauce and Garlic Powder.
Try Adding Sesame Seeds and Fresh Chopped Chives right before wrapping these spring rolls up.
- 1 (12oz) (Or rainbow slaw)
- 1 Lb Cube Steak sliced thinly
- 2-3 Inches Fresh Minced Ginger
- 2 TBS Fresh Minced Garlic
- Gluten Free Soy Sauce To Taste (Or Coconut/ Liquid Amino's)
- White Pepper To Taste
- Thai Fish Sauce To Taste (Optional)
- Sesame Oil For Cooking
- 12 Rice Paper- Spring Roll Skins
- In a large pan Cook the sliced cube steak in some Sesame Oil, Soy Sauce and White Pepper.
- As Soon as the meat is cooked stir in the fresh Garlic and Ginger saute just briefly. (1-2 minutes)
- Add in the bag of Broccoli slaw and additional soy sauce and fish sauce to taste. Cook until the veggies are just cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a bowl of luke warm water soak 12 Rice Paper Spring Roll Skins- until soft.
- One by one fill each wrapper with a heaping spoonful of the filling. To do this place the filling in the center- fold in the right and left side and then roll the spring roll onto itself. This takes a little practice- do not fret if the first few are messy. Set the rolled spring rolls on a plate to dry- as they dry they will stick and adhere to themselves.
These can be served as a meal or a side dish. We like to dip ours in additional Soy Sauce. Makes 12 Spring Rolls.
If you need/want to avoid Soy- look for Coconut Amino’s – they are an excellent replacement to soy sauce and it works great in this recipe.
Hope you enjoy these-