Get ready to swoon. This simple smoothie might just make your heart skip a beat.
During this busy holiday season I know I love to pretend I have endless time to just cook up every amazing thing that I find on pinterest. But come on lets be real. Only so much can be done in one day.
Today I'm providing you with a recipe that will take less than a minute and will give you all the holiday cheer you could ever dream of in one sip. Make this smoothie on a busy morning- or say on thanksgiving day when you have a million things in the oven with no time to eat.
The best part of this smoothie? I threw in a serving of certified gluten free Wellesse Liquid multivitamins. One less thing to think about during my busy day.
Toasted Pecans and Frozen Cubes of sweet potato make this festive smoothie over the top good. Fruit and sugar are something that must remain out of my diet (thanks to Candida). So I'm forever dreaming up ways to make my favorite smoothies in new ways.
Last month I came up with the idea of to freeze pumpkin puree which I then naturally used in a pumpkin smoothie . This time around I baked a few sweet potatoes and then threw the puree into an ice cube tray. Now whenever I fancy I can quickly throw them into the blender. Organic Sweet Potato puree can also be purchased in a can. Feel free to freeze that into cubes as well. Either option will work just the same.
- 5 Cubes frozen sweet potato.
- 4 Ice Cubes
- 1/2-3/4 cup yogurt (any variety: dairy or nondairy)
- 1/4-1/3 cup Milk (any variety: dairy or nondairy)
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Toasted Pecans.
- Stevia (or other sweetener or choice) to taste.
- 1 serving of Wellesse Liquid Multivitamin (optional)
- Bake 1 Large Sweet Potato OR purchase a can of Organic Sweet Potato Puree. Spoon cooked potato into an ice cube tray. Once frozen remove from tray and store in a freezer bag.
- Make toasted pecans: place pecans into a dry skillet over medium low heat. Cook 3-5 minutes until they start to smell fragrant and their edges are lightly browned. (Do not walk away- or they might burn). Allow to cool.
- Into a blender place all of the ingredients. Adjusting the yogurt and milk amounts to taste pending how thick you want the smoothie.
- Serve alone or top with whipped cream and additional toasted nuts.