Im excited about this Superbly Moist Apple...
Extremely excited to be honest. Ive never been a muffin person really- but these are borderline cake. And GOD do I love cake. Speaking of cake once upon a time (a year ago to be exact) I made cake like you wouldn't believe. It was my strength of strengths.. Id make these giant ridiculously moist and flavorful cakes.. and then I went gluten free. Everyone knows gluten free normally means dry... crumby and well LAME. Everything I made for the first bit of going on this diet.. turned out just.. like.. that..
I am VERY pleased to report that those days are behind me- and now they can be behind you too Have fun making these delicious Superbly Moist Apple Spice Cake Muffins. Oh and Feel free to freeze them for another day- or if you are ambitious- reuse the crumbs for a crumb cake.
If you cant have Soy simply Omit the Tofutti Sour Cream- the Superbly Moist Apple Spice Cake Muffins will still turn out! And if you LOVE apples- Feel free to add more than I have called for.
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Gluten Free Baking Mix
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Freshly Ground Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup Dairy Free Milk Alternative (I used Almond)
- 1/3 cup Tofutti Dairy Free Sour Cream.
- 6 tablespoons Sofened Earth Balance Butter (for Corn free- Use Coconut Oil Instead)
- 2 Organic Apples Peeled and Chopped
- 1/3 cup Organic Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Organic White Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Organic Applesauce
- Additional Melted Butter,Cinnamon and Sugar to sprinkle over the top (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350. Prep Muffin Tin- with nonstick spray or fill with cups.
- In a Bowl Combine the Bisquick, Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and Baking Soda and set aside.
- In another bowl with a hand mixer beat the Softened Butter, White and Brown Sugar until fluffy. Add the Tofutti Sour Cream and the applesauce and Continue to Beat briefly.
- Alternate Adding the Sugar/butter Mixture and the Nondairy milk to the Flour Mix until fully mixed. Finally add in the chopped Apples! This batter is thin.. so thin that you are going to look at it and think you screwed up. You didn't! It will come together.
- Fill each muffin cup roughtly 3/4 full (Just barely to the top) They dont rise an enourmous amount.
- If you Love your sugar- Combine some Sugar, Cinnamon and Melted Butter (Just a little butter) and sprinkle the crumbly mixture on top. Or you could also place some larger thinly sliced apple pieced on the top.
- Bake between 18-20 minutes. Its not until the 18 minute mark that you might be able to even consider sticking a toothpick and pulling it out clean. If they get slightly golden around the edges that is ok- they will still taste wonderful.
- Let them cool for a few moments before removing them from the tin. I think you know what to do next