So here I am on day 7 of the 21 DSD. I won't lie it's tough but I know it will be worth it, it will it will!!! I mean, no one ever got any where without a little hard work. I've got this!! Can you tell I've been doing a lot of self talk lately?? I'm doing a modified version, allowing for more carbs as I just started crossfit..but STIL these sugar cravings are intense.
I'm proud to introduce a recipe adapted from Diane Sanfilippo's cook book The 21 Day Sugar Detox. This book is leading me out of metaphorical woods of sugar and into a happier, sugar-less version of me! It's ALSO inspiring some new sugar free versions of the food we all know and love. Here we have a lemon poppy seed granola. It's deliciously tart and can be enjoyed on its own or in your morning cereal. But before you go messing around in the kitchen with this recipe, go check out Diane's Sanfilippo's new cookbook to help with your 21 DSD!!!
- 2 1/4 of Cups Nuts/Seeds of choice (I used a combo of Cashews and Walnuts)
- 1 Banana (green tipped)
- 3/4 Cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 1/2 TBS Poppy seeds
- 1 TBS Lemon Juice
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Zest from 2 Lemons
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor process the nuts until they are ground, they should be a mix of small grounds and small chunks.
- Put nuts in a bowl, and set aside
- In the food process add the green tipped banana and puree.
- Combine nuts, pureed banana, almond flour, poppy seeds, lemon juice, salt, and lemon zest.
- Crumble granola on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Rotate granola and lower oven to 300 degrees.
- Cook an additional 15-17 minutes. Granola should be lightly golden and crisp.