Sugar Free Espresso Brownies
with Pumpkin Cream Cheese Frosting
Brownies without ANY sugar. You don't say.
OH YES I DO.
I have been living on these darn things. I've made 3 batches in the past week and a half, and finally I moved quick enough to get a photo before they were once again gone. Honestly, when chocolate, espresso, and pumpkin are combined how can one deny?? I can't.
- 3 Cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 2/3 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tbs Baking Powder
- 1 Cup xylitol (Or Coconut Palm Sugar or other Granulated Sugar of choice if its not an issue for you).
- 2 Tbs Vanilla Extract
- 7 Tbs Strong (Liquid) Espresso or Coffee. (or Milk (any variety) OR water)
- 5 TBS Soft Fresh Goat Cheese (such as Chèvre)
- 1/2 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1/2- 1 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon (to taste)
- 1/4-1/2 Tsp powdered ginger (to taste)
- Pinch Salt
- Nunaturals Stevia to taste.
- Chopped sugar free chocolate or Allergen Free Chocolate Chips (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 6 x 6 baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a bowl (or in the bowl of a stand mixer) combine all of the brownie ingredients. Mix until the dough comes together- it will be thick. This can be done by hand or in the stand mixer. Don't be afraid to use your hands, if mixing the old fashioned way.
- Press the dough evenly into the prepared pan. Bake for 33-36 minutes minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Meanwhile- make the frosting. Using a hand mixer beat together the ingredients. Add Stevia to taste. For those of you able to have sugar a little honey, maple syrup, or agave could also be used or try adding powdered sugar. For an extra fluffy frosting try beating in some butter (or Earth Balance).
- Using a knife or a piping bag frost the brownies. Top with allergen free chocolate chips OR chopped sugar free chocolate. I purchase the brand Simply Lite Chocolate From Trader Joes.