I love strawberry shortcake, and I love the portability of kabobs....so why not put them together? It's a great summer treat that you can take with you to any occasion!
These kabobs are quite simple! All you need to do is make a batch of biscuits! This time use a mini round biscuit or cookie cutter.
I opted to use a dairy free frosting that was super sturdy so that these little dessert bites could transport well and hold up to a warm summer day.
- 1 Recipe of my Grain Free Biscuit Recipe.
- A cup (give or take) of Strawberries.
- 1/2 cup spectrum (or regular) shortening
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- tiny pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon butter (regular or earth balance for nondairy)
- Make the biscuits- using a small round biscuit cutter to make them miniature sized.
- To make the frosting, combine all of the frosting ingredients and mix with a hand mixer until fluffy.
- Slice the biscuits in half- spread on a little frosting and a strawberry slice. And Voila- you have adorable kabobs!