I am NOT a salad person. It has to be a really really special salad that shines in order for me to want to or make it again. So I put a lot of thought into this recipe and it delivered. Fresh delicious ingredients. I'll be making this one on repeat ESPECIALLY the mojito inspired dressing. Its bursting with lime and fresh mint flavors. You have to give it a try!
- 1/4 cup of Lime Juice
- 3/4 cup of Avocado or Grapeseed Oil
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4- 1/2 Tsp Liquid Stevia (OR honey to taste)
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Mint Leaves
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp Poppyseeds (optional)
- zest from 1 lime
- 1 Red Onion Chopped
- 1/2 Cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/3 Cup of Cold Water
- 1/2 tsp of Liquid Stevia OR 2 Tbsp Honey
- 2-3 cups of Strawberries Chopped
- 1 Avocado diced
- 1 -6 oz bag of baby spinach
- 1/2 cup of salted Pistachios
- (the picked onion)
- Optional: A cup or two of pre-cooked chicken.
- In a blender (a small magic bullet works best) make the salad dressing. Combine the lime juice, oil, vinegar stevia , mint leaves and and salt + pepper. Blend until mixed. Add the zest and poppy seeds (Give it a shake- DO NOT BLEND) and set aside. *Keep in the fridge until salad is ready.
- Make the pickled onions- mix all the ingredients in a small bowl and stick in the fridge for an hour. You'll know they are ready when the onions turn a hot pink color and have a delicious pickled flavor!
- Make the salad- combine everything in a bowl and top with dressing.