I just love, love, love pesto! I could eat it for weeks and not get tired of it. It's such an easy sauce to whip up! Instead of using actual pasta, I used my Paderno Spiralizer to make my zucchini into pasta! Hello guilt free..you can't go wrong eating a giant plate of veggies.
For a dairy free version, try my Roasted Garlic-Cilantro Avocado Pesto with the zucchini noodles instead!
- 2 Cups Packed Basil (fresh)
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 2/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Zucchini, Spiralized
- In a food processor add the basil, garlic cloves, pine nuts, salt, pepper, turn on and drizzle in Oil.
- Remove pesto from food processor, put it in a bowl and mix in parmesan cheese; Set aside.
- Using a spiralizer make zucchini into pasta.
- Briefly cook zuchinni in a pan with your choice of oil or butter, 3-4 minutes.
- Toss with pesto!