So get this: Matcha is known for it's antioxidant properties and is often linked to reduced stress in individuals. SERIOUSLY?? Can we just pretend for a moment that these cookies will reduce the stress in your life? I mean, that's a pretty lofty goal from a cookie but I think this cookie can take on that kind of responsibility.
Taking a moment away from all this silliness, these cookies are absolutely delicious. They are gently flavored with matcha green tea; which surpringly tastes fabulous with chocolate. They don't only taste phenomenal but they also hold a rich green color, making them look as amazing as they taste.
- 2 Packed Cups of Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cups Granulated Sugar (Organic Cane, Palm Sugar or Xylitol)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 TBSP Room Temp Butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 2 TBSP Milk (dairy or nondairy-any variety)
- 4 tsp Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1/2 Cup Chocolate Chips (dairy or nondairy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together the , sugar, baking powder, salt.
- Add in the butter, vanilla extract, milk, matcha powder and chocolate chips.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet form cookies with your hands into round patties.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
To make these cookies sugar free- use xylitol or the truvia baking blend! AND then chop up a bar of unsweetened dark chocolate and or use a Simply Lite chocolate bar (sold at trader joes).