Whoever first came up with the idea for Raw Cheesecake was a genious. This easy, fresh and flavorful dessert blew my taste buds. I went with the Kiwi-Lime Flavor as I thought it would be fun.. and it was! The kiwi's lend a delicious bright flavor and a great color. It has a creamy tropical drink kind of flavor but of course with a cheesecake texture.
This Cheesecake is hard to screw up! Just make sure to follow the exact ingredient amounts that I have called for.
You will notice I have called for fresh grated Coconut. This is not the dried variety you find most commonly. I purchase bags of grated and frozen fresh coconut from my local Indian Store. The dried variety version work - I'll experiment with this next time! (and I see no harm in you giving it a try if you can't track down fresh coconut) I just wanted to clarify exactly what I was calling for!
I typically avoid using food coloring. I threw in just a few drops into this cheesecake- as I wanted it extra green for the sake of getting a great photo. The kiwi's alone impart a nice hue of green- so I will leave this up to you. With or without the end result will be fantastic.
- 3 Cups Raw Cashews Soaked 2 hours.
- 7 Kiwi's Peeled.
- 3/4 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 3/4 Cup Raw Agave Nectar
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Grated Coconut
- 1/3 Cup Lime Juice
- Zest of 1 Lime
- 1 TBS Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 Cup Virgin Coconut Oil Melted
- Green Food Coloring (Optional)
- 1 1/2 Cups Macadamia Nuts
- 1/2 Cup Raw Cashews (do not soak these ones)
- 4 TBS Raw Agave Nectar
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 cup Shredded Fresh Coconut
- Make the Cheesecake Crust: Process the Macadamia Nuts and (Unsoaked) Cashews in a food processor. (you want it dry and crumbly) Add in the Coconut, Salt, Agave, and Vanilla Extract and process just briefly (ff you process too long it will turn into an almost peanut butter like texture)
- Grease a Springform pan well. Then- Evenly distribute the crust down into the bottom of the Pan.
- Using a Large Food Processor or Blender (Vitamix or Blendec preffered) Process the Soaked (and drained) Cashews, Kiwi’s, Almond Milk, Agave, Lime Juice, Vanilla Extract, Salt and Freshly grated Coconut. Pour in the melted Coconut Oil Last. Add in food coloring (if you want).
- Pour the Cheesecake mixture into the Springform Pan. Place in fridge and allow to “set” this will take roughly one hour (Though I prefer to leave it in the fridge overnight)
- Removing from the pan is simple- just unlatch the pan and the cheesecake will cleanly release itself. Serve Cold - and Store it cold!
Don't Forget to stop by for tomorrow's Seasonal Sunday Event!