Quick Homemade Flax Milk
Flax milk has entered the marketplace. I was intrigued and picked up a carton for my husband to test out. Knowing that I'm highly sensitive to most fillers, additives and other things of the like that are in processed foods- I was't really interested in giving it a trial run.
But making my own? Sure, why not. I always love a little challenge.
After some playing around I found I had the best results NOT soaking the flax seeds, as you would to make most other nut/seed milks. All I needed to do was throw my ingredients into a blender, strain and then I had milk.
I like the flavor of flax, so I enjoyed this milk. If you don't like the distinct flavor of this seed, this recipe is probably not for you. Though adding a little flavoring (i.e.. vanilla hides the flax flavor well!)
Ingredients Instructions Notes Store in the fridge.
Store in the fridge.
- Try blending the finished milk with fresh strawberries to make strawberry milk.
- Blend with a little cocoa powder for chocolate milk.
- Add a little almond extract or another flavor of choice.
- Warm up and spice with Cinnamon, Nutmeg etc.
- Add your favorite protein powder and blend well.
- This milk can be sweetened with dates. Combine milk and pitted dates until smooth in blender.