Remember my Little Debbie copycat Oatmeal Cream Pies? Well these are exactly those, only better due to the addition of pumpkin! These are so yummy and packed with fall flavor your whole family will be hugely impressed and end up asking "who's little debbie?".
- 151g coconut palm sugar (1 cup)
- 70g melted butter or melted coconut oil (5 tbsp)
- 42g dairy or non-dairy milk (3 tbsp)
- 40g honey (2 tbsp)
- 30g pumpkin puree (2 tbsp)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 156g gluten free oats (1 1/2 cups)
- 86g tapioca starch (3/4 cup)
- 71g blanched (3/4 cup)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 5 tbsp cold water
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of sea salt
- orange food coloring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl for a stand mixer combine the first 6 ingredients on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Combine the remaining 7 ingredients in a seperate bowl and add to the mixer bowl, combine on medium speed for 1 minute or until well combined.
- Oil your hands well and roll 2 tbsp worth of the dough into a ball and flatten to 1/2 inch thick. Place onto prepared baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough until gone. Place into oven and bake for 15-16 minutes.
- While the shells are baking prepare the filling by combining the water and gelatin in a small bowl and placing into the microwave for 30 seconds. Whip the prepared gelatin, honey/maple, pumpkin pie spice, salt and food coloring in a stand mixer with a whisk attachment on high for about 8-10 minutes or until fluffy.
- Once the shells have completely cooled pipe the filling about 1/2 inch thick onto the inside of one shell, top with an additional shell and set aside. Repeat with remaining shells and filling.