A week ago a reader special requested this recipe- and I instantly fell in love with the idea of these cookies. Thumbprints studded with chopped pecans, with a caramel center and chocolate drizzle. There's just so much amazing packed into each little cookie, how could I say no? The cookies delivered just as much happiness to my mouth as I had expected. These will for sure become made every year from here on out!
I hope you love them as much as we did!
- 2 Packed Cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Palm Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 Tbs Starch (Potato, Tapioca or Arrowroot)
- 1/8 Tsp Salt
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 2 TBSP Honey
- 2 1/2 Tbs Oil or Melted Butter (any variety- dairy or nondairy)
- 2 Tbs Milk (any variety) or Water
- 1/2-3/4 Cups Pecans, finely chopped
- 1/4 Cup Butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/2 Cup Palm Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream or Heavy Coconut Milk (from a can works best)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1/3 Cup Chocolate Chips, melted (dairy or nondairy)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients, and mix.
- Shape cookies into balls.
- Chop nuts on a cutting board.
- Roll shaped cookies in water (or milk) than in nuts, working one at a time.
- Place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Put your thumb to work and make thumbprints.
- Cook for 10-12 minutes.
- While cookies are cooling, in a saucepan combine ingredients for the caramel.
- Over medium heat, allow caramel to come to a boil.
- Boil for a minute.
- Remove from heat and pour in the thumbprint wells of the cookies.
- Let Caramel harden before adding the chocolate drizzle.
- Once caramel has harden heat up the chocolate chips.
- Drizzle over cookies.
Rolling the cookies in either water or milk will ensure that the nuts will stick.
If you use 3/4 cup of nuts there WILL be leftover
Adding coconut oil will make the chocolate drizzle thinner and easier to decorate the cookies with, however, make sure the caramel has hardened and the cookies are no longer warm so the chocolate does not get soft!