So, let's talk about cornbread. Cornbread is hands-down one of my favorite things. I don't know what it is about it... slightly sweet, slightly salty...I just love it! Now that I'm mostly grain-free, I limit how much corn I eat.. which most of us know is also a common allergen for a lot of people. But, never fear! There's always a solution.
This recipe was honestly a happy accident. I was making a basic pumpkin muffin recipe and the first thing I thought of when I pulled them out of the oven was that they smelled a lot like cornbread....lightbulb! After a little tweaking, the Paleo Pumpkin Cornbread was born!
If you're like me and love cornbread, I promise you will love this recipe! It's a wonderful alternative and super versatile for flavor variations.
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 2 Tablespoons of coconut palm sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- big pinch of black pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 9 x9 baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all of the ingredients and pour into baking dish.
- Bake for 30-32 minutes until firm to the touch and lightly browned on the top.