Ring-a-ling-ling here comes the onion rings! These are to die for. Like nom nom nom... and they are almost gone! I'm sitting at my computer right now, trying to concentrate and tell you about them but honestly, I'm so distracted. The smell of their fried-goodness keeps finding its way over to me. Walking from my computer to the plater that they sit on may be the only exercise that I get today, and I may or may not be completely content with that.
- Coconut Oil for Frying (or other oil of choice!)
- 3 medium Onions
- 2 Large Eggs whisked
- 3/4 Cup of Tapioca or Arrowroot Starch
- 2 Tsp. Smoked Paprika
- 1/8-1/4 tsp. Cayenne Pepper
- 1/2 Tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1/4 Tsp. Black Pepper (optional)
- Place a small heavy bottomed saucepan just big enough to hold your onion on the stove and fill it 3/4 of the way with oil. Heat up to 350 degrees slowly while you prepare the onion.
- Slice the Onion into thick slices.
- Whisk eggs together; set aside.
- Mix together the flour coating ingredients (starch and spices)
- Working in batches, dip slices of onion in eggs.
- Place your egg coated onion into the starch mixture.
- Carefully place the flour coated onion slices into the hot oil, and fry for 2-4 minutes until crispy and golden brown.
- Remove from oil, place on paper towel to soak up excess oil and then serve hot!