Wanna have a mexican fiesta in your mouth with me??? All I've gotta say is HERE WE GO!
I'm super excited to introduce this recipe to you. This is my first experiment testing out plantain noodles. Saying I'm happy with the results would be an understatement. This recipe turned out so bomb good that you better believe I'll be making and sharing many more plantain noodle recipes to come. You'll have to stay posted to find out exactly what those ideas will end up being!!
But until then..make this and eat it every day. You won't believe how good it is.
To make the plantains into noodles I used a Paderno Spiralizer!
- 1/2 lb Steak (cut of choice)
- 1 TBSP Oil
- 1/2 TBSP Chili Powder
- 1/2 TBSP Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper
- 2-3 Green Plantains, Spiralized
- 2 TBSP Oil
- 1 Green Pepper, chopped
- Grape/Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- Half an Avocado, cubed
- Combine ingredients for the steak spice blend, and rub on steak.
- Heat up 1 TBSP of oil in a pan and cook steak; cooking time depends on thickness of steaks, mine needed about 3 minutes per side.
- Remove steaks and let rest.
- Using a Paderno Spiralizer, make plantains into pasta noodles.
- Add 2 TBSPs of oil to pan, and heat over medium heat, add in plantain noodles.
- In the last minutes of cooking the noodles add in green pepper.
- Meanwhile, cut up the tomatoes, avocado and steak.
- Toss all ingredients together.