I hope you are sitting down because I am about to blow you away with a paleo french toast recipe brought to you by two of my very talented friends.
I had the pleasure of getting a sneak peak and I have to say, it blew me away!
Here's a glimpse of the Baked Banana Chip Encrusted Paleo French Toast that you can't find ANY WHERE ELSE!!
For memorial day we also made the Honey Ginger Chicken Wings from the Paleo Kitchen cookbook. My entire family went crazy for them.
Pre-order the book asap before it releases and the price goes up!
To make this paleo french toast recipe you will first want to make the Paleo Banana Bread recipe from the Civilized Caveman site.
Then use that bread to make this glorious paleo french toast!
- 6 to 8 (¾-inch/2-cm-thick) slices leftover banana bread (See Note)
- 1 cup (65 grams) banana chips, crushed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ? teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the banana chips in a food processor and pulse until you have a banana chip bits (you should not have a powder). Then place crushed chips in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Whisk together the egg, coconut milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in another shallow bowl.
- Dip each slice of banana bread into the egg mixture, coat on both sides, then do the same in the crushed banana chips, making sure each slice is covered with banana chips. Place on the prepared baking sheet and repeat with the rest of the slices.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until banana chips have slightly browned.
- Serve with syrup or eat just by itself.