Come grab this amazing Paleo Death By
Chocolate Cupcakes recipe...
There is a serious shortage of cupcake recipes on this blog. By serious..I mean like I don't even think I have more than 1. Why?? I don't know. I always forget about them. My head is always in the clouds dreaming up how to do the really complicated recipes..like croissants. I often forget about the classic recipes that people love, like these Paleo Death By Chocolate Cupcakes.
I've had it on my to do list for quite awhile to get up a chocolate cupcake recipe.
and THEN I saw that a friend of mine had a birthday TODAY. That friend is someone that you probably love and adore too. If you don't yet know her..you will start following her after today.
This friend..is HILARIOUS. She makes me laugh every single time I read one of her posts. She's as authentic as they come and a shining example of what the paleo diet is all about. I feel lucky to know her!
Everyone head over to Paleomg.com today and send her some birthday love...and maybe some Paleo Death By Chocolate Cupcakes!
Juli loves chocolate, so a paleo death by chocolate cupcake seemed appropriate. I used the frosting recipe from my Club Angell Fudge Rounds to top off these already extremely indulgent cupcakes. The end result is a very rich, soft cupcake with layers and layers and layers of chocolate. SO GOOD!
Thanks Juli for giving me an excuse to stuff my face with chocolate! <3
- 4 Large eggs
- 119g milk (½ Cup) (dairy or nondairy- any variety)
- 44g melted butter (1/4 cup ) (dairy or nondairy)
- 165g granulated sugar to taste (3/4 cup) (any variety- we used palm sugar)
- Salt (1/8 tsp)
- 72g Coconut Flour (1/2 packed cup)
- Cocoa Powder (1/3 Cup)
- 88g Potato Starch or Sweet Potato Starch (1/2 packed cup)
- Lemon Juice (1 tsp)
- Baking Powder (double acting works best) (1 Tbsp)
- 166g Chocolate Chips (1 cup ) Dairy or Nondairy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together ingredients in a medium sized bowl.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray, and place in the oven for 32 minutes.
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 TBSP Milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 2 TBSP Room Temperature Butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 2 TBSP Shortening
- 2 TBSP Cocoa Powder
- In a stand mixer, combine all ingredients and mix until fluffy.
To make this frosting refined sugar free- run some coconut palm sugar through a coffee grinder or put it in a high powered blender until it becomes a powder! Mix it with about a 1/2 a teaspoon of starch (potato, tapioca or arrowroot) and then use it in place of the powdered sugar in the recipe!