Egg free and grain free friends flock to me now! IF you enjoyed my Paleo 'KFC' Chicken Tenders, you will love this recipe! It builds on the basic crunchy texture of that recipe but swaps out hot sauce for Coconut, Mango, and Ginger. Along with the Chicken I created a Mango-Coconut Sauce for dipping!
Before creating this recipe, I did my research and I noticed that many of the coconut-mango flavored chicken recipes did not include fruit in the battering process. I wanted to find a way to add mango flavor straight to the chicken! (rather than just have it only in the dipping sauce)
I pureed some mango to include in the 'wet ingredients,' for my chicken batter and also threw in some freshly grated ginger. Magic happened. Just wait until you try this heavenly perfectly flavored crunchy chicken.
If you would like, add 'Cauli-Rice,' to make this a complete meal! Try my Ginger Fried Cauli 'Rice! Or of course- you can always just eat this meal with regular white rice too!
- 3/4 lb Chicken Thighs, cut into strips
- 1/4 Cup Mango Puree
- 1 Tbs Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Starch (Tapioca, Arrowroot or Potato Starch)
- 5 Tbs Coconut Milk
- 1 TBSP Fresh Grated Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Tapioca (Or Arrowroot or Potato Starch)
- 1/2 Cup Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine wet mixture ingredients.
- In another bowl combine breading ingredients.
- Drop chicken strips into wet mixture and then heavily dredge in breading mixture; place on foil lined baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken strips have been coated. Drizzle chicken with a little oil.
- Place chicken in oven for 45 minutes; chicken will be golden brown and cooked through
When dredging the chicken remember to get excess wet mixture off the chicken before placing in the breading!
If you'd like to sub shrimp for chicken, use the recipe as is but replace chicken with 1 lb of shrimp!
- 1 TBSP Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Stock
- 3/4 Cup Coconut Milk
- 1/4 Cup Pureed Mango
- 2 TBSP Lime Juice
- 2 Packets of Stevia
- 1 tsp Rice or White Vinegar
- 1/2 TBSP Starch mixed with 1/2 TBSP Water
- In a pan saute garlic with oil for 30 seconds.
- Add in Chicken stock, coconut milk, mango puree, lime juice, stevia and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil and add in starch mixture.
- Heat until thickened.
This sauce tastes AMAZING as a dipping sauce- or poured over rice as seen in the picture!