If you enjoyed my traditional Dairy Free Alfredo sauce then you will really really love this spicy twist. I've been seeing a recipe for this passing through my pinterest feed for months, and its been taunting me. Today for you I have instructions to make the recipe either with or without dairy. Both versions are absolutely delicious.
I used the smallest noodle blade on my Paderno Spiralizer to make the delicious sweet potato noodles. Whose flavor by the way compliment this slightly spicy sauce perfectly. Who doesn't love a little sweet & spicy together?
- 1 Sweet Potato, Spiralized
- 2 TBSP Butter (Dairy or Nondairy)
- 1/2 Medium Onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream or Heavy Coconut Cream from a Can
- 2 Tsp Starch (Tapioca, Arrowroot or Potato Starch)
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder or more to taste
- 1 1/4 tsp Onion Powder or more to taste
- 1/8 tsp Paprika
- 1/8 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Using a spiralizer make the sweet potato into noodles.
- Melt butter in a pan over medium and cook sweet potato.
- While the potato cooks, in another saucepan over medium heat, add butter and chopped onion, saute until onion is translucent.
- Add the cream, starch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, cayenne pepper, chili powder and optional red pepper flakes; heat until thickened.
- Add sauce to cooked sweet potato noodles.