Ok, I have to be completely honest with you, when I see carrot cake, I run. I run in the opposite direction. It's so decadent and delicious that I can't be trusted around it!! It's as simple as that. I made these today and I was so pleased. Yes, they are still decadent and delicious but they are healthy. They are even simple enough to whip up for breakfast during a week day! I made sure they were both grain and egg free- as I don't want anyone to miss out. The dried cranberries were a festive addition. Who isn't excited cranberries this time of year?? But, if you are a traditionalist feel free to use regular raisins instead.
Check out my chesnut flour baking partners Cinnamon Swirl Butternut Squash Mini Loaves!! Tammy from The Healthy Gluten Free Life- and I have each posted a new chestnut flour recipe starting monday- running through tomorrow! If you love this flour as much we do- make sure to check out all 10 recipes!
* PS- The Early Bird Special for the Vermont Culinary Getaway ENDS TOMORROW!!! Save your $100 while you still can!**
- 1/4 Cup Applesauce
- 1/2 Cup Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1/4 Cup Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Cup Chestnut Flour
- 1 TBS Cinnamon
- 3/4 Cup Palm Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Cup Grated Carrots
- 1/2 Cup Dried Cranberries.
- 1/2 Cup Walnuts
- 1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Xanthan or guar gum (optional) *they give better shape
- Option 1- Use my white chocolate recipe or melted white chocolate chips.
- Option 2- Use your favorite cream cheese frosting recipe. Check out my new Ebook, coming soon for a Dairy Free Coconut based Cream Cheese Frosting!!!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl combine ingredients and mix thoroughly
- Spray donut pans and pour batter into them
- Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes
- While donuts are cooling, choose your frosting option!
For Sugar Free Donuts- Use xylitol or truvia in the donuts instead of palm sugar and then use my white chocolate recipe.