Cookies can make an awesome (and FUN) Breakfast. Its just that those cookies in cereal boxes filled with junk white flour, and white sugar..probably should not be eaten by anyone..let alone fed to a child for breakfast.
First let me applaud you if you have made the choice to feed your kid(s) REAL Food. There is no greater gift you can give a little person than a start filled with amazing food to nourish their growing little bodies - and to instill in them lifelong habits.
Your little people, sometimes deserve cookies for breakfast. And heck, you probably do too! Especially if you have allergies, food intolerances or celiac. Life should never be about what you can't have..but what you CAN have.
I hope more than anything this recipe gives you back something that perhaps you felt you lost. I had a blast developing it, and I hope you have just as much making these tiny little crunchy cereal cookies, and even more fun pouring them into a bowl with milk.
Paleo Cookie Crisp Cereal.
- 1 packed cup of blanched
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (organic white sugar, sucanat or another granulated sugar of choice should work!)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking power (I use double acting)
- 1 teaspoon oil or melted butter
- 2 Large Eggs
- mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
2.5This is an original recipe by Brittany Angell.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the cookie dough ingredients, leaving out the chocolate chips.
- Put the cookie dough into a piping bag. Squeeze rows of tiny "candy dots" sized cookies (about an 1/8 of a teaspoon) onto the cookie sheet, leaving a little space between each cookie. (Not much space though, as they will only spread a tiny bit!)
- Stick 1-2 chocolate chips into each mini cookie.
- Bake 6-7 minutes until firm and lightly golden.
- Repeat with two more trays (3 trays total).