I recently made a trip to New York City and one of my first stops was to Momofuku's Milk Bar. Inspiration abounds in this funky and modern bakery. I brought home with me the idea to paleo-ize their famous compost cookies! These yummy cookies have everything but the kitchen sink in them! Chock full of coconut, raisins, banana chips, chocolate chunks and sweet potato chips these cookies are a big hit with anyone I serve them to. Feel free to get crazy with whatever mix ins sound good to you, as there really are no rules with this one! I also drizzled them with caramel for an added indulgence!
- 5 Tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 3 Tbsp Cream (dairy or coconut)
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla
- 2 Cups Blanched Almond Flour, packed
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 11/2 Cups Chocolate Chunks (dairy, nondairy, or paleo-friendly brand)
- 11/2 Cups Sweet Potato Chips, lightly crushed
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 Cup banana chips, broken into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat coconut oil and sugar using a handheld or stand mixer.
- Add cream and vanilla until well combined.
- On low speed, incorporate , one cup at a time, followed by baking powder and salt.
- Mix until soft dough forms.
- Fold in "mix-ins" on low speed or by hand, one at a time.
- Scoop 2 Tbsp of dough & pack into balls, place on prepared baking sheet. Dough will be very "wet".
- Lightly press on dough balls with palm or back of spoon to flatten.
- Bake 10 minutes until edges are lightly browned.