I'm a sucker for spicy sweet potatoes. Those Chipotle flavored Alexandria Sweet Potato Fries are my favorite! . I just had to translate this awesome flavor profile into a Paleo Slider! These tasty little bites work great as an appetizer, lunch or entree. Try making them right on the grill!
If you LOVE these sliders you may also like my recipes for:
- 1 lb ground beef
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped (Use 1 pepper + sauce, and up to 3 + sauce if you like spicy food)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1-2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon of each for seasoning: paprika, garlic powder
- hefty pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- Tablespoon of oil, for drizzling on potatoes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix in the chipotle peppers and sauce, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, cilantro with the beef. Then form small, thin patties, about one inch in diameter and set aside while you prepare the sweet potatoes.
- Cut the potatoes about a 1/2 inch thick and spread on a cookie sheet. Drizzle oil on both sides of the potatoes and season with the paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Bake for 30-35 minutes until soft. To get them crispier, broil them on high for 2-3 minutes after baking.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the burgers: Drizzle about a teaspoon of oil on a large skillet and allow it to fully heat before adding the meat. Cook the burgers on medium-high for 3 minutes on each side.
- Take the potatoes out of the oven and assemble with your favorite toppings! They go great with ketchup!