Roughly 8 months ago I added to my team an incredibly talented and hard working individual that thinks about food just as much as I do.
I would like to introduce you to Sarah! She's become my right hand man (er lady?). Sarah is in heavy training to become a recipe developer. Some of you may know that I can't stand seafood..I'm sure it tastes delicious but the idea of it makes me squeamish. Sarah however loves it! I've come to really trust her skills in the kitchen and know she's quite the little talent when it comes to making recipes sing!
Sarah has created for you guys a Shrimp Scampi made with spiralized noodles that I'm sure you will love! She will be creating more seafood recipes to share..as there is a major lack of them on this site. Please feel free to put in any seafood recipe requests below in the comments (EXCEPT for lobster..I told Sarah that I can't allow a lobster murder to happen in my kitchen.. I would have nightmares as a result for months)
Take it away Sarah..
My first time ever making shrimp scampi, was in high school. My friend Catie and I used to go on a lot of 'cooking escapades".. Some serious flops and some victories; Always leaving behind a kitchen that could be described as a disaster zone and one really upset Dad. We managed to concoct some really sad cakes, some delicious cookies (to the point of memorizing the recipe) and some recipes, like shrimp scampi that were always a favorite.
For some reason, making shrimp scampi made me think that I was an adult. Not entirely sure the logic behind my thought process but that's the honest truth. Today I based this recipe off of my past favorite but gave it some extra depth of flavor with the bacon and browned butter. It's a long ways away from my high school cooking escapades, which is probably for the best.
Ps. I used a Paderno Spiralizer which can be found on Amazon or at Williams-Sonoma!
- 3 Slices Bacon
- 1/4 Cup Butter (dairy or non dairy)
- 1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 1 TBSP Garlic, finely chopped
- Black Pepper to taste
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 lb Shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1/2 TBSP Parsley
- 3 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 3 Celery Root, spiralized (or 3 potatoes spiralized)
- 3/4 Cup Chicken Broth or water
- Lemon Zest (optional)
- In a pan over low heat, cook bacon until crispy. (Reserve bacon fat)
- While bacon is cooking begin the Scampi sauce, add butter and olive oil to a pan over medium heat; Butter should brown slightly, and give off a nutty aroma.
- Add in garlic, pepper and salt; cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Toss in Shrimp, and cook until shrimp turns pink; roughly 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add parsley, and lemon juice; set aside.
- Heat up reserved bacon fat.
- Spiralize Celery root (or potatoes), and place in reserved bacon fat.
- Add in 1/2 Cup of Chicken Broth (or water) and cook celery root down; about 5 minutes.