One of the first things I made myself when I went Paleo 17 months ago was a delicious bangers and mash recipe from the cookbook Paleo Comfort Foods (still my favorite book to date!). It was so comforting, and made the new diet feel extremely do-able.
Now that my gut has healed I can be less strict about the diet. I feel the happiest following the 80/20 philosophy and eating mostly paleo. Since I am hardcore intolerant to eggs I'm always trying to come up with egg free solutions to breakfast. This recipe concept was a huge win, and I've been eating it nonstop!
Bangers and Mash is usually compromised of Sausage and Mashed Potatoes. To get a more breakfast feel- I used my Paleo Grits recipe instead of mashed potatoes, and then added breakfast sausage on top. And THEN topped it all off with some Paleo Gravy and Caramelized Onions. Pure heaven.
- 1 batch of my Paleo Grits Recipe
- 1 Lb of Breakfast Sausage Links
- 1 batch of my Paleo Gravy Recipe (optional)
- 1 Onions- sliced
- Make my Grits Recipe - and set aside with a lid on top to keep warm.
- Make the Gravy Recipe - also set aside and keep warm with a lid on top. (The gravy is optional, but really delicious!)
- Cook the Sausage links in a skillet, and saute the onions over medium heat in some oil or melted butter until caramelized.
- In a bowl- add some grits, top with sausage and onions and drizzle a healthy dose of gravy on top!