The week of chestnut flour recipes continues. Tammy from the Healthy Gluten Free Life and I are posting a new recipe using this amazing flour every day. These Banana Nut Muffins are the real deal. You can't go wrong with some added caramel. Best of all, they are both grain and egg free, and even still they are fluffy and tender. Chestnut flour has a unique flavor that works really well with bananas (and apples in the case of yesterdays Cinnamon Apple Donuts! )
- 1/2 Pureed Bananas
- 1/2 Cup plus 1 Tablespoon Milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Palm Sugar
- 1 1/4 Chestnut Flour
- 1/2 Tablespoon Baking Powder
- 2 Tablespoon Walnuts, chopped (optional- add more into the batter if you want!)
- 1/4 Cup Butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/2 Cup Palm Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Heavy Cream or Heavy Coconut Milk
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a bowl mix together the bananas, milk, oil, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Next, add in cinnamon, salt, palm sugar, flour, and baking powder
- Place muffin tins in muffin pan.
- Pour batter into muffin pan.
- Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Place in oven for 20 minutes
- While muffins are cooking, in a saucepan, combine all ingredients for the caramel, and heat until thick.
- Remove muffins from oven, drizzle on caramel.