This paleo bacon jam is the sh*t.
Theres really no other way to describe it. Bacon + Palm Sugar + Maple Syrup + Whiskey + Cayenne. I think I might have cried a little when I tasted it. Its pretty much the most delicious thing I have ever eaten.
My paleo bacon jam tastes amazing on EVERYTHING.
Put it on Crusty Bread, Waffles, Put it in sandwiches, on meat, you might even add it to apple pie (I'm NOT kidding) or keep it simple and dip apples in it.. Make it, eat it and you'll love me forever.
- 2 packages bacon (12 oz each), cooked until almost crispy
- 2 Tablespoon bacon lard drippings
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 cup bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- a few dashes of cayenne
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until slightly crispy and drain the bacon fat.
- Add 2 Tablespoon bacon drippings back in and add onions. Cook the onions over medium low heat until caramelized.
- Add the bacon and the remaining ingredients into the pan and cook over low, covered. for a few hours. (less time is okay too, but the flavor gets better the longer it cooks)
- place into food processor to make jam.
- Store it in the fridge. Smear it on everything!!!! (Note: You may need to heat it up slightly for a good spreadable consistency)