Truth be told I HATE low carb baking because the fact is that without carbs its unlikely your baked goods will taste anything like what you would buy at the store. I have worked really hard to be able to recreate things to taste exactly if not better than their gluten free counter part so when I head into my kitchen to bake something low carb I CRINGE because I know there will be limitations in how I get them to be.
Its not that the low carb baked goods aren't good- because they are delicious!! You just have to change your expectations a bit and know things will be a little bit different.
These crackers are not only low carb, but also egg free, vegan, dairy free etc, etc, etc. But they are perfect for the 21 Day Sugar Detox or a Candida diet!
- 1 1/2 Cups of Almond Flour
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Salt
- 1 Tablespoon of Onion Powder
- 3/4 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Sesame Seeds (optional)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Water
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Olive Oil or Melted Ghee.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl combine all of the ingredients to form a dough.
- Place in between two sheets of parchment paper to roll out into till its 1/8 inch thick (or as thick as you prefer- just keep in mind that the crackers will not fluff up during baking- the thickness you roll them out is how they will end up)
- Leaving them on the bottom sheet of parchment, use a knife to slice squares but leaving them in place (moving them apart will create breakage)
- Carefully transfer the sheet of crackers on their parchment on to a cookie sheet.
- Place in oven and bake 10-11 minutes until the outer edges are lightly golden and they are crispy to touch.
- Remove from oven, let them cool and then serve!