Watch out! I can catch the gingerbread man! I not only caught him, but I threw him into a breakfast cake. But lets get real for a second. I love gingerbread cookies but you can't eat them all the time. Well, correction, you probably shouldn't eat them all the time. Due to that, I figured I should find a loophole around that and....Viola, Gingerbread Breakfast cakes!
This week I'm doing 5 days straight of Chestnut Flour Recipes in collaboration with Tammy over at The Healthy Gluten Free Life! Tammy and I both LOVE baking with this flour, especially this time of year as it has an amazing fall/wintery flavor to it. (It tastes like heaven with apples, cinnamon, pumpkin spice etc!)
We want to entice you to do the same. SO, Each day this week Tammy and I will be posting a new chestnut flour recipe-
Head over to her blog to see her Grain Free Maple Pumpkin Blondies!!
- 1/2 Cup & 1 TBSP Milk (dairy or non-dairy)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice or Vinegar
- 2 packed Cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 3/4 Cup Chestnut Flour
- 1 Cup Palm Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/3 Cup Oil
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 TBS Vanilla
- 2 tsp ginger
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- White chocolate chips Or Use My Dairy Free White Chocolate Recipe
- Coconut Oil (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl combine ingredients and mix.
- Spray a square baking pan (I used four miniature bunt pans)
- Pour batter into baking pan and cook for 30 minutes
- Take pan out and let cool.
- While breakfast cakes are make the White chocolate drizzle.
- Place desired amount of chocolate chips and melt in the microwave; 30 seconds at a time until melted or Use My Dairy Free White Chocolate Recipe
If you want the drizzle to be thinner, add a little coconut oil!
To make sugar-free: Use xylitol or truvia in the cakes instead of palm sugar and then Use My Dairy Free White Chocolate Recipe.