If you know anything about me..you know I'm a pumpkin fanatic! So when I got a bag of forager granola I knew immediately that it needed to become part of a fall dessert. I stress baked these cheesecake bars yesterday morning and boy and I glad that I did. They are the perfect guilt free treat.
Before you make the bars- lets talk about this granola! Its made by Nuts about Granola and its AWESOME- and its now available in a number of costcos! Most snack or breakfast convenient foods are not made with whole foods for starters..so you can imagine how thrilled I was to learn about this granola. It only has 7 grams of carbs per serving, just a few grams of sugar, 5 grams of protein per serving AND its Grain Free/ Paleo! You can even get away with eating this on a ketogenic diet. So when I saw this super clean, healthy, convenience food..I was all over it. We will for sure always keep a bag in the kitchen. I haven't found any other product like this in stores or online. So I for sure recommend getting your hands on a bag!
AND they are even giving away free samples. CLICK HERE.
I highly recommend following them! They have several delicious products that you could turn into all kinds of baked goods (or of course just eat it plain 🙂
To make the cookie layer I used THIS WAFER Recipe. I used xyltol to keep them low carb so the cookies don't end up crisp but thats totally fine in this cheesecake. 🙂
- 2 cups of forager granola
- 2 Tbsp Melted Butter, Ghee or Coconut OIl
- 3 Tbsp Cocoa Powder
- 3 Packets (3 grams) stevia (Or 1/4 cup of sugar)
- 1/4 Tsp of Salt
- 2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese
- 8-9 packets of stevia (or liquid to taste) OR 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 Cup of Canned Pumpkin
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/4 Tsp of Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/8 Tsp of Salt
- 12 chocolate wafers for the middle layer (optional)
- 6 wafers crushed to make crumbles for the topping (optional)
- 1 cup of chocolate chips to sprinkle on top (optional) I used lilys sugar free choc chips.
- First decide if you want to have a cookie layer. Use my chocolate wafer cookie recipe or any other chocolate cookie of choice (Store bought or homemade) My recipe is low carb/keto friendly if thats your goal! If you are going to make cookies- do that first and let them cool.
- Prepare a 7x7 pan - line it with parchment paper or place parchment on the bottom of an 8 inch round cheesecake pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Make the Crust: Place in a food processor all the crust ingredients and process until the granola has broken down. Press it into the bottom of your prepared pan.
- Rinse out the food processor and wipe dry- and then add all the cheesecake layer ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Pour half of the cheesecake filling into the prepared pan on top of the crust (smooth it out) and then add a layer or cookies (or omit this step). Pour on the remaining cheesecake - tap the pan to make sure the top is smooth and then bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven after 30 minutes - let cool for 30 minutes then drop the chocolate chips and the cookie crumbles on top.
- Place in the fridge to chill for several hours before serving.