The sauce is quick to whip up and has layers of flavor, from the lemon zest to the capers and ricotta. Top it off with a little fresh basil and you are good to go! Its so good and SO easy! Yay for quick summer meals.
To make my "noodles" I used a Paderno Spiralizer!
- 2 TBSP Oil
- 1 TBSP Salted Butter (dairy or non dairy)
- 4 Cups of Spiralized Yellow Squash
- 1 TBSP Lemon Juice
- 1 TBSP Lemon Zest
- 1 1/2 TBSP Capers with their Juice
- 1 Cup Ricotta Cheese
- 1 1/2 TBSP Olive Oil
- Pinch of Sauce
- 1 TBSP Cream or Heavy Coconut Milk
- 1/2-1 TBSP Finely mined fresh basil
- Optional: Baby grape tomatoes, halved
- In a pan, heat oil and butter over medium heat.
- While pan is heating up, sprialize the yellow squash noodles
- Throw into the pre-heated pan and briefly cook until tender;
- While the "pasta" is cooking, mix together ingredients for the sauce until well combined.
- Once cooked to preference mix in the sauce!