One of the most important things to me when starting this website several years ago- was to find a way to give people with allergies or dietary restrictions the ability to get creative in the kitchen again without having to worry about big recipe flops.
Cooking and baking should be fun! Not stressful. You shouldn't have to worry about having to throw out things that you made from expensive ingredients.. or wonder if your family is going to turn up their noses.
To bring some fun back into the kitchen this month I am officially giving you guys a Waffle Recipe Challenge!
This past week I posted 3 extremely simple and delicious extra crispy waffle recipes (that have been getting TONS of rave reviews):
Your challenge is to use one of the above waffle recipes to create a Fun Waffle Meal: For example: Waffle Sandwiches (Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner themed) Waffles used as the base for mini pizzas, Waffles made into french toast, Waffles as taco shells or for ice cream sandwiches! The possibilities are endless.
To give you a better idea: Friday I posted a Pesto Eggplant Grilled Cheese Waffle Sandwich. In the coming week I'll be sharing recipes for Waffle Reubens, Fried Chicken and Waffle Sandwiches, Breakfast Waffle Sandwiches with Bacon Jam and Burger Club Waffle Sandwiches.
The beauty of using waffles as a base (pending which of my recipes you select) they can become a Paleo, Vegan or basic gluten free meal! So this challenge is for everyone!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Come up with an Waffle Recipe Idea using one of my waffle recipes and MAKE IT! Take a photo and include directions to making your creation and post on Instigram AND Facebook.
- Tag me on Instigram. My username is brittany_angell.
- Tag me on Facebook. Here is the link to my page.
- In your posts use the hashtag #WaffleChallenge
- Post your photo and tag me on both Instigram and Facebook by Sunday August 25th! The winners will be announced Wednesday August 28th!
I will be selecting 2 WINNERS.
*One winner for BEST PHOTO*
*One winner for BEST RECIPE IDEA *
Winners will receive:
- A signed copy of my Essential Gluten Free Baking Guide Part 1.
- A brand new recipe created by me- JUST FOR YOU. The winners will be given the opportunity to request a recipe that they miss the most and I will recreate it to work within their allergy / food intolerance restrictions! (OR- I will send the winners a 5 lb bag of their favorite gluten free flour- if they prefer that prize instead.)
I'll be reposting and sharing your instigram posts (on instigram and facebook- which could mean some new followers for you!) So that others might be inspired by the delicious things you are coming up with.
Together we can make Gluten Free- FUN!
Can't wait to see what you come up with.