Holy mother of everything tasty and delicious. I think I just fell in love, again, with something that is not my husband! I can't get enough of my new paderno spilarizer and today it helped me create this amazingness that I call loaded potato pasta. Simply because I took all the ingredients of a loaded potato and deconstructed it into the worlds most delicious and indulgent pasta dish. Not exactly healthy..but right now I DON'T CARE!
This recipe is simple and a total crowd pleaser. The words stupid good will come to mind to those who shove this delectableness into their mouths, trust me on this.
This recipe can be made with or without dairy! Follow my directions to head in whichever direction works best for you!
- 6 Slices of Crispy Bacon Chopped
- 1 1/4 Cup Heavy Cream or Heavy Coconut milk from a Can
- 1/4-1/2 Cup (or more for a thinner sauce) of Water or Milk (dairy or nondairy-any variety)
- 2 TBSP Butter (Dairy or Nondairy)
- 2 tsp Starch (Tapioca, Arrowroot or Potato Starch)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder or more to taste
- 1 tsp Onion Powder or more to taste
- 2 1/4 Cup Cheddar Cheese (or Dairy Free Daiya Cheese Shreds)
- 5 Small sized White potatoes or White Sweet Potatoes (Spiralized)
- Green Scallion, sliced (optional)
- Spiralize the potatoes into noodles and place them into a bowl of water with some lemon or lime juice added. Potatoes have the tendency to turn brown and this will prevent them for doing so. Set aside while you prepare the rest of the recipe..
- In a pan add bacon and cook over low heat until crispy; set aside.
- In a sauce pan add Cream, butter, starch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder over medium heat.
- Once thickened, mix in cheese; Set aside.
- Remove the potatoes from their water bath- and pat them dry with a paper towel.
- Heat up fat of choice in a sauce pan and cook potatoes until tender.
- Add in sauce and mix.
- Crumble bacon and sprinkle with green scallions.
Add up to 1/4 Cup of milk or water if you want a thinner sauce. If you want, you can cook the dish in the oven instead of cooking on the stove top. Place sauce, and spiralized potatoes in a covered baking dish and cook at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Remove cover in the last 15 minutes of cooking. If you bake this and use dairy free cheese, cover with aluminum foil the entire time
PS. Can't have potatoes? Try spiralizing another veggie instead- such as Carrots or Butternut Squash!!