Funtastic Gluten Free Vegan Funfetti Cupcakes!
When I started on my first trial of these Gluten Free Vegan Funfetti Cupcakes, I just threw a bunch of ingredients into a bowl.
I did a little dance, and prayed for the best! Typically.. everything I do is measured, and carefully written down but on that day I just wanted to bake for the fun of it.
They turned out pretty good. Good enough that I knew I wanted to post them.. But they were not perfect. I ended up making them 6 more times.
These gluten free vegan funfetti cupcakes are low maintenance.. I like to leave these cupcakes right out on the counter- no need to stick them in the fridge! Also..if you are looking to make them 100% sugar free- just leave out the sprinkles. They will still taste great !
Let me know if you would like to start seeing more Rice flour recipes, like this one for gluten free vegan funfetti cupcakes, posted!
- 1 Cup Superfine White Rice Flour
- 1/4 Cup Potato Starch
- 1/4 Cup Tapioca Starch
- 3/4 Tsp. of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Cup Spectrum Shortening
- 2 TBSP Butter at room temp. (Dairy or nondairy)
- 1/4 Tsp. Xanthan or Guar Gum
- 1/2 Tsp. Salt
- 1 TBSP Vanilla Extract
- 8 TBSP Milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/3 Cup of Truvia baking blend or 1/2 cup of xylitol
- 1 Tsp. of Vinegar or Lemon Juice
- 2 TBSP of gluten free sprinkles (optional)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 TBSP Shortening ( I use spectrum organic)
- 1/4 cup plus 1 TBSP Butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 TBSP Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer combine the shortening, room temperature butter, truvia, vanilla extract, vinegar, and milk.
- In a separate bowl mix together the rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, xanthan, and salt.
- Slowly add to the stand mixer, until the flour mixture has been completely added to the stand mixer, and it is mixed through.
- Line a cupcake pan with cupcake liners.
- Divide batter into 6-8 cupcakes.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes.
If you would like to use another form of granulated sugar -feel free.you can sub in for the Xylitol amount! The baking time might change slightly. Just keep an eye on them and remove when lightly golden and when a toothpick comes out clean.
To make the frosting also sugar free- you can make your own powdered sugar out of xylitol. place the xylitol in a blender and process until smooth. I believe there are also a few brands of powdered xylitol or erithritol that you can purchase online.
These Gluten Free Vegan Funfetti Cupcakes are perfect for any type of celebration. Feel free to stick them in the freezer too to save for later.