Gluten Free Snickerdoodle Pancakes
Pancakes have become my absolute most favorite thing. I have found that following a strict Paleo diet really helps keep my Hashimotos Symptoms at bay. Finding quick things to eat can be tough.
What I love about this recipe- is that it can be made within 15 minutes from start to finish including cleanup. The Pancake recipe is just a simple variation of my previously posted Cherry Almond Pancakes. I had the fun idea to sprinkle the pancakes while on the griddle with Cinnamon and Course Unrefined Sugar. The results were spectacular and tasted so much to me like my favorite cookie! (A snickerdoodle of course)
This Recipe is Grain/Corn/Soy/Gluten/Refined Sugar Free. But it does contain eggs.. So for those of you doing the vegan or egg free thing try using this Cinnamon and Sugar dusting technique on just about any other pancake recipe!
Making these pancakes in a blender is the ONLY way to go. It makes a drastic difference in their texture- adding an element of fluffiness and smoothness that I absolutely love!
- 1 Cup Blanched Almond Meal (such as Honeyville)
- 3 Large Organic Eggs
- 2 TBS Oil (I suggest Grapeseed or Coconut Oil)
- 2 TBS Water
- 3 TBS Granulated Sugar (refined or unrefined)
- 1 Tsp. Almond Extract
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- Oil for Cooking
- Granulated Unrefined Sugar and Cinnamon For sprinkling.
- To a blender add the 3 eggs. Turn on high for about one minute. Add the remaining ingredients and process another minute until smooth.
- Drizzle 1-2 TBS of oil into a non- stick skillet (Coconut Oil recommended) Turn the burner on to medium. Let the oil warm for maybe 30 seconds and then pour in the pancake batter.
- Sprinkle as much (or as little) cinnamon onto each pancake. Sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Just prior to flipping sprinkle on another pinch of sugar (This will give them that snickerdoodle texture).
- Flip- and cook. They will only need to cook maybe 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Serve with butter, or Coconut Oil!
Regular white sugar could be used to make these- but I suggest opting for an unrefined course variety- such as Sugar Cane, Turbinado, Sucanat or Palm Sugar.