This recipe for a Gluten Free Coconut Lemon Trifle is three-fold.
It involves Coconut Whipped Cream, Schar's Lemon Wafers, and a Coconut Custard. I layered them each one on top of the other, making for a gorgeous dessert that looks super fancy! It can be our little secret just how simple it was to throw together a fabulous gluten free coconut dessert! It really couldn't be easier and I will take you step by step below. With hardly any time at all, you'll have added another tasty dessert to your arsenal. And this one is gluten free coconut based as well!
I'd use this for any dinner party you might have this spring or summer! The flavors of lemon and coconut were simply made for each other! This recipe is made possible by Schar lemon wafers! I'm obsessed with them and you should be too!! To check out their wafers and many more amazing products go to Schar's website by clicking HERE! (Try their Vanilla Wafers too!!)
I could not have made developed this recipe for a Gluten Free Coconut Lemon Trifle
without those Schar lemon wafers!
- 1 1/2 Cup Heavy Coconut Milk from a Can OR Heavy Cream
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Granulated Sugar (I used Organic Cane)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 TBSP Tapioca or Arrowroot Starch
- 1/2 Cup Shredded, unsweetened Coconut
- Pour milk into a saucepan over low heat.
- In a mixing bowl whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla, salt, and tapioca.
- Pour warmed milk into mixing bowl; whisking constantly.
- Pour mixture back into saucepan over low heat, and whisk until thickened.
- Mix in shredded coconut.
- Set aside and let cool.
- Layer in Coconut Custard, and Lemon Wafers until you have used all of it
- Top with the Coconut Whipped Topping.