Ever had Chicken and Waffles? Theres a reason they are so stinking popular. Crispy waffles with crispy chicken = heaven!
I took the concept of that classic recipe and gave it a new savory spin.
First I loaded up my crispy waffle recipe with cheddar, bacon and green onions! Then used two waffles to sandwich some crispy fried chicken. I then added some lettuce slices and spread on some different sauces. Feel feel to use any of these sauce ideas- or come up with your own!
1) Mix Dijon Mustard with Honey! (its good with maple syrup too!)
2) Mix hot sauce with mayo! (Egg free mayo to be exact)
3) Use just straight mayo.
Get ready to wow your taste buds. This is a sandwich recipe you won't be making just once.
- Make my Bacon Cheddar Green Onion Waffles. (With directions to make Gluten Free/Egg free or Paleo)
- Make my: Paleo “Fried” Chicken. (Gluten/Grain/Dairy Free with an Egg Free option)
- Make sauce from above of choice (optional)
- Make the Paleo “Fried” Chicken.
- Make the Bacon Cheddar Green Onion Waffles .
- Toast the waffles in a skillet with a little oil or melted butter (dairy or nondairy).
- Assemble the sandwiches with 2 waffles, fried chicken, lettuce and sauce of choice.