I have a thing for breakfast cookies, and I've quickly discovered that you guys do too. My Blueberry Pancake Cookie recipe is one of the most popular on this site.
I just had to try my hand at a french toast cookie version too. What I ended up with is a delicious almost snickerdoodle style cookie with the added bonus of rich maple syrup to give it that french toast flavor that I was aiming for.
Since I know it can be difficult to find both grain and egg free recipes- I made sure to leave both out. I reduced the sugar by using the non-glycemic truvia baking blend. Feel free to use another granulated sugar variety in place of it- to make these Paleo you could use Coconut Palm Sugar instead!
- 2 packed cups blanched
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 3 Tablespoons butter (dairy or nondairy)
- 1/4 cup truvia baking blend , divided in half (or other granulated sugar variety of choice)
- 1 heaping teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the , baking powder, salt, vanilla, maple syrup, and butter.
- In a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon and half of the sugar together. Pour the rest of the sugar in the with dough and combine.
- Roll the dough out into small balls and cover in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Flatten with the palm of your hand and line on the baking sheet. This should make about 9-10 cookies.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes