This sauce is creamy like an alfredo, with the flavors of a traditional marinara! It is the definition of comfort food and cooks up so quickly.
To make the yellow squash noodles I pulled out my trusty Paderno Spiralizer, that I got from William Sonoma!
Healthy, Easy DELICIOUS!
Ps. You'll notice in the directions I call for Coconut Cream OR Heavy Cream. Use whatever works for your diet. Both versions are equally delicious.
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream or Heavy Coconut Cream from a Can
- 1 Cup Pizza Sauce or Marinara Sauce.
- 2 TBSP Butter (Dairy or Nondairy)
- 4 1/2 Tsp Starch (Tapioca, Arrowroot or Potato Starch)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder or more to taste
- 1 tsp Onion Powder or more to taste
- 5 Yellow Squash (Spiralized)
- In a saucepan combine the cream, pizza sauce, butter, starch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder; heat until thickened, whisking the whole time; set aside. Don't worry, this sauce will be thick at first but when the squash noodles are added it will thin out.
- Using a spiralizer make the Squash into noodles.
- Add in the Squash noodles into the sauce.
- Lightly boil noodles in sauce until cooked through. (1-3 minutes)
- After noodles have been added, make sure to taste and re-adjust seasonings.
For those cheese eaters, this tastes great with a little parmesan sprinkled on top!