Today is a great day- for the last 24 hours Real Sustenance has been living on a big brand new dedicated server- and ALL of the technical difficulties I was having are now a thing of the past. Its been a stressful month trying to troubleshoot why the site kept crashing multiple times a day. At several points I had 3 different people working to try to figure out what was going on. After 3 weeks of banging our heads against the wall- one person thought to double check my website analytics. Google had been reporting them incorrectly and I was receiving far more traffic than I had realized. 2 weeks ago I moved to a new server, but little did we know that space was still not big enough. Every time too many people came on Real Sustenance it was sending it into overdrive mode and making it crash. Once we figured out the real traffic levels as quick as possible we moved the site yet again to another new, and much larger server space!
It is now safe for me to go back to posting often! (Thank Goodness.) I feel at peace again!
SO, with that being said. Let's make some Dairy Free Queso Dip. Its really good. Its great with everything from root veggie chips, to grain free crackers, sweet potato fries, steamed veggies and I love it on Taco Pie (I'll share that recipe soon.) I might even throw it on some noodles, or miracle noodles for a mexican style mac and cheese.
Typically I'm not a big fan of Daiya cheese.. but in this recipe it tastes exactly like real cheese. I really don't think anyone could tell the difference. I can have real cheese now, and I actually prefer this dip over others that I have made using dairy.
- 1/2 (small jar) of Salsa (roughly 8 ounces). Mild, Hot, or extra hot.
- 1 cup shredded Jack Style Daiya Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar Daiya Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups "cream" (see note below)
- a dash of hot sauce (optional).
- In a small sauce pan combine ingredients and whisk over low heat until the cheese has melted. Give it a taste test and then add optional hot sauce if you wish.
- Any brand of Salsa will work. Use your favorite.
- I used a mix of two Daiya cheese flavors as I like the little sharpness of flavor that the Jack Style provides. If you want to keep things simple you could use just cheddar or just Jack!
- For the "Cream". You can use heavy canned coconut milk, Unsweetened MimicCreme (Its made out of nuts). You could also use Evaporated Goats Milk from a can (for those like me that tolerate goat dairy well!). I also think that you could probably get away with using unsweetened dairy free yogurt (any variety).