Did you know if you say "pumpkin spice" three times in the mirror a girl in leggings and uggs will appear and tell you all about how much she loves fall? That girl would be me, because as many of you already know I am particularly obsessed with all things fall and pumpkin flavored. However, as much as I love a Starbucks pumpkin spice latte, I can't really have them due to the wacky ingredients that do my health issues no favors. So my solution was to come up with my own cleaned up version and this Dairy and Sugar Free Pumpkin Spice Coffee Creamer was the result! A glob of this magical concoction in your morning coffee or tea will have you rethinking that Starbucks stuff in no time!
- 1 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup raw, unsalted cashews
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8-1/4 tsp liquid stevia (to taste preference)
- pinch of sea salt
- In a large bowl soak the cashews in the water and allow to sit for an hour. If you have a high powered blender such as a Vitamix or Blendtec you can skip this step!
- Dump the water, cashews and remaining ingredients into a large blender pitcher and pulse until it begins to come together. Turn the blender to high and allow to mix for 1-2 minutes or until completely smooth.
- Immediately stir into your favorite coffee, tea or place into a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week.
If you can not have nuts or just prefer a nut free version, you can swap out the water and cashews for 2 1/4 cups coconut milk!