This, right here is INCREDIBLE! I kid you not. I would consider this comfort food made healthy. When I think of comfort food I think of rich, complex and decadent flavors. Often times these two words mean calorie explosion, and belt buster. This is not. Let's talk about this wonderfulness, incredible flavors are resting on a bed of celery root noodles. It'll live in your mind as the best pasta you have ever had.. YET It's full of vegetables, The sauce is creamy, and a little spicy. I think I could live on this, and never get bored of it.
This is by far, my favorite spiralized dish that I have created to date. If you haven't gotten on the veggie noodle train- start right now. You'll never ever get off.
This recipe is dedicated to my bestie Chrissy Brown! She's always adding kale and mushrooms to EVERYTHING. I created this dish for her <3
- 2 TBSP Butter
- 1 TBSP Oil
- 2 Garlic Clove, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Chili Flakes
- 8 oz Mushrooms (any variety), sliced
- 1/2 lb Sausage, casing removed
- 1 tsp Fresh Sage, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cooking White Wine
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream (or Coconut Cream for dairy free)
- 1 bunch of Kale, Cut into ribbons
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2 Celery Root- washed and skin removed made into spiralized noodles
- Prep all the vegetables and sausage.
- Heat butter and oil in a pan.
- Add garlic and chili, cook 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add mushrooms, and cook for 7 minutes; allowing them to let go of their liquid.
- Next add in the sausage, and brown.
- Add in sage and wine, bring to a simmer, and cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Mix in cream and kale. It may seem like there is a lot of kale, but like spinach, it will wilt down; cook for 3 minutes.
- Take off heat and set aside.
- Make Celery root into noodles using a Spiralizer.
- Heat up a pan with your choice of fat and cook celery root until cooked through.
- Toss with sauce.
To make the celery root noodles I used a Paderno Spiralizer!