I had a hankering for Oatmeal Cookies the other day. Since Oats are crossed off my list for the time being this is what I came up with instead.
These cookies have great flavor and couldn’t be easier to make!
- 2 Cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar (white sugar or an unrefined variety)
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 2 TBS Butter/Earth Balance or Coconut oil.
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 TBS Water or Non-dairy Milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup (or more) Raisin’s
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. (or combine by hand- cutting in the butter and then adding the water/vanilla extract last). stir in the raisins.
- Press the dough and flatten them into 12- 1/2 inch tall cookies . If the dough feels to dry to hold together add an additional 1/2-1 TBS water/milk. (The more liquid you add- the more they will spread)
- Bake 20 minutes for softer cookies- bake 25 for harder crunchier cookies. The cookies will spread some in the oven.