There's hidden yumminess in these potatoes! They're packed with limes, cilantro and garlic.
You might be asking, what's the deal with Hasselback potatoes? They're basically like a fancy version of baked potatoes, but don't take that much 'extra' work, which is great.
The awesome thing about Hasselbacks vs. baked potatoes though is that as the potatoes cook, the slices fan out slightly and get super crispy and awesome! I love that. It's like eating fries and a baked potato at the same time!
- 3 Sweet Potatoes
- 5 garlic cloves, sliced
- 2 T chopped Cilantro
- 3 T oil (grapeseed or olive oil)
- Zest of 2 Limes
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place potatoes on a cutting board and cut a 1/4-inch slice from the bottom of each potato and discard.
- Place two long handled wooden chopsticks or spoons on each side of the potato, lengthwise
- Slice the potatoes crosswise, about 1/4-inch apart slices, cutting vertically.
- Place garlic slices in between the slices.
- Mix together cilantro, oil, lime zest and salt.
- Brush mixture on the potatoes.
- Place in oven for 40 minutes.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 and place potato back in for another 15 minutes.