These little sliders are adorable and will please any crowd! But more importantly they are full of flavor and totally delicious. They're also gluten-free, grain-free, egg-free, and paleo! They make for great appetizers at any get summer together. Cooking outdoors? Try throwing your sweet potato slices and bacon on the grill instead.
Cilantro-Lime BLT Sweet Potato Sliders
- 2 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice (the juice of 1 lime)
- zest of 2 limes
- hefty pinch of salt
- hefty pinch of pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 9 strips of bacon
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- few slices of romaine heart leaves, or whichever lettuce you prefer
- Mayo (Or Egg Free Vegan Mayo) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the oil, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and salt, set aside for a few minutes while you slice the potatoes.
- Slice the sweet potatoes into rounds, about 1/4 inches thick and place them on a baking sheet. Brush the oil mixture onto each slice of potato. (Make sure to get lots of cilantro onto each piece.) Sprinkle some additional salt on to each oiled round.
- Bake the sweet potato rounds 35-40 minutes. (Flip them once halfway through baking. And spoon some more of the oil mixture on top)
- While baking the sweet potatoes- slice your tomatoes and avocado and cook your bacon until crispy. (Note: to keep the avocado from turning brown drizzle a little lime juice on each piece.)
- When the sweet potatoes are done cooking -make your sliders. Place pieces of bacon, lettuce, tomato and avocado in between two slices of potato. Smear a little mayo on one of the potatoes. (mayo is optional) Use a toothpick to hold the slider together.